Label Cloud

Friday, October 19, 2007

Canon 40D review

Doug Harman of Pocket Lint reviews Canon 40D in detail. He gives it 8 on a scale of 10. While I highly recommend you read his review for a lot of juicy information, here is his verdict for convenience:
"Overall, the Canon EOS 40D is a more than able update of the 30D and since the introduction of the first Canon prosumer DSLR, the 3.1-megapixel EOS D30 back in 2000, it is light years ahead on that base line.

In a nutshell, this is a cracking camera and one marred only by the odd metering performance, otherwise it is quite simply excellent and worth a close inspection for anyone either trading up or for those pros’ that need a back up body that is not a compromise to far."
On a personal note, I couldn't be more happier than my Canon 40D. I have said it again and again because it's true. Recently a friend of mine, for whom I took some photos at an event, told me that my photos were "insane", which made me really happy. He told me that every time the photos turn out so bad. He was so happy that he invited me to another event. My friend, Ronald, is also very happy with his photos. He was just showing me some very clear photos of rain he took in very low light conditions with his 50mm f1.4 lens, which I have been dying to get.

No comments: